Monday, January 29, 2007

There She Is

One of the many areas of TV in which I diverge with my parents is the Miss America Pageant (CMTV, 8 p.m.)

I can't say I've really ever been much of a fan, and I don't think I've ever watched more than 10 minutes of one. My parents, on the other hand, have it down to a science and are usually pretty good at guessing who will make the cut in the various rounds. Of course, I also hear about it when the judges of said pageant make the "wrong" choice and don't go with the girl they've picked.

Tonight's broadcast has some added interest for area viewers, since Amanda Kozak of Warner Robins will be representing Georgia.

By the way, a great book looking behind the scenes of the pageant is "Hype and Glory" by screenwriter William Goldman, in which he tells the reader about the time he was a judge at both the pageant and at the Cannes Film Festival. Anything by Goldman is worth a read.

MONDAY'S BEST BETS: Though CBS' is full of repeats, the other networks are putting out the new stuff.

My third favorite Starfleet captain, George Takei, guest stars as Hiro's dad in "Heroes" (NBC, 9 p.m.), while Danny (Bradley Whitford) continues his pursuit of Jordan (Amanda Peet, and really, who among us wouldn't be pursuing her?) on "Studio 60" (NBC, 10 p.m.)

Haywire returns on tonight's "Prison Break" (Fox, 8 p.m.), while I'm predicting someone gets killed/maimed/tortured/all of the above on "24" (Fox, 9 p.m.)

And finally, because I'm told people in Middle Georgia do watch it, "What About Brian" (ABC, 10 p.m.) is also new tonight.

2 comments:

pjianek said...

I'm so happy about your new-found respect for "What About Brian?"
I am torn between whether to watch that or Studio 60 tonight.

Phillip Ramati said...

Well, I'm sticking with Studio 60 since it's one of my favorite shows and I've never actually seen What About Brian. But, to each his or her own.