Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Getting My Priorities Straight

Sorry for the late update, you loyal dozens, but The Telegraph believes it's more important I cover the actual news.

Anyway, just a quick note today to report that ABC finally wised up and pushed "Knights of Prosperity" up to 8:30 p.m., thus avoiding direct competition with "American Idol" (Fox, 9 p.m.). Still, it might be too little, too late to boost "Knights'" chances of staying.

I have to admit, I've been underwhelmed with "Knights" considering the amount of hype it got during the TV press tour in the fall. The concept is decent, and so is the execution, but I don't think it compares favorably to NBC's "My Name Is Earl," a somewhat similar themed show of the misadventures of a group of lovable losers. It really doesn't help that "Earl" has had a strong sophomore year to boot.

WEDNESDAY'S BEST BET: Welcome back, Dr. Brennan, you were missed. "Bones" (Fox, 8 p.m.) returns to the air in what should be a relatively cushy slot preceding "AI."

4 comments:

Zodin2008 said...

Was having a bit of trouble with your site today, Phillip....

Anyhoo, regarding "Knight"-liked the pilot enough to watch more, but couldn't even make it through the 2nd episode thinking the show kind of sucked. I was rooting for it initially but I just didn't care about any of these characters; maybe there should have been a longer set up through a few extra episodes about deciding to go after jagger rather then by the middle of episode #1...not sure if that was the problem but I have cut off watching it.

As for tonight's viewing, I agree, welcome back to the most underrated show on Television, "Bones". (the show I think is equally as UNDERrated is "Supernatural").

Unlike the vast minions of teenage girls, I will continue to gladly avoid the "Death Star" (American Idol) and Wednesdays are beefing up big time with "Bones" back and opposite the fantastic "Friday Night Lights" and "Lost" back next week in the 10 PM slot (ugggg). Another thing "Idol" has ruined in my life (where do I start counting) is SLEEP as now I am forced to stay up until 11 PM another night because the Death Star scared ABC in moving "Lost" to 10. This stinks.

In a few weeks, my schedule on Wednesdays get even more crowded when CBS gives me "Jericho" back...that means at 8 PM on Wednesdays and Thursdays, I now have 3 networks all offering me things I watch at the same time...Wednesdays will now Bones, Jericho and Friday Night Lights at the same hour for me, and Thursdays will continue to fluster me with the NBC Comedies, Ugly Betty and Smallville.

Thankfully, I own 2 DVR's but this is a problem.

Phillip Ramati said...

I think Supernatural is more underrated than Bones, since the plots are as interesting as the characters. Bones is a bit more convuluted, but is saved by the chemistry between Bones and Booth, and the Squids.

Thanks for reminding me, Friday Night Lights (NBC, 8 p.m.) is also new and all of you dozens of blog readers are ordered to watch it!

And, too many good choices on TV is much better than the alternative.

Gina said...

Happy late birthday!!! Hope it was a good one

Phillip Ramati said...

Thanks Gina!