Thursday, September 06, 2007

I Haven't Forgotten You Guys

So, I have a really, really good excuse for the lateness and brevity of this posting: I was covering a hostage situation in another county. (Very few other TV critics have to deal with hostage situations on a regular basis, at least not professionally.)

But I'll make it up to you by giving you a heads up that next week is Emmy Week at The TV Guy. The TV Guy and Web master Ryan Gilchrest are working on an interactive poll where you can vote for who you think should be the big winners at the Emmys. (Not who you think will win, but who ought to win in your point of view).

Actually, Ryan is doing all the heavy lifting on developing the poll (I'm the ideas guy), but it should be fun. I'll be posting my predictions and personal choices as well next week in time for the awards show Sept. 16.

THURSDAY'S BEST BETS: The U.S. Open continues to deny us one of my favorite new shows, "Burn Notice" for another week, but I should be satisfied with one of the other top shows of the summer, "Mad Men" (AMC, 10 p.m.)

Football fans can enjoy the season kickoff as the defending champion Indianapolis Colts face the New Orleans Saints tonight (NBC, 8:30 p.m.). Both teams are among the favorites to reach the Super Bowl, so it's a good way to start off the season.

No comments: