Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Quick Hits

I had a long, well-thought post for today, then got sent out of town on assignment early in the morning, so look forward to tomorrow's post, assuming I'm in Macon for the whole day.

Just a few bits:

--I ended up not catching most of "AI" last night, though I did see that guy everyone says sucks mangle the Kinks. After his rendition, I get why that girl in the audience was crying; I wanted to as well. Still, it wasn't as bad as the mangling Van Halen did on "You Really Got Me" years ago.

--"Prison Break" officially got renewed Wednesday, proof that Fox will continue to play out an idea long past its expiration date. I'm probably giving up on PB after this season.

--"Battlestar Galactica" Cylon babe Tricia Helfer has signed on to the new Sci-Fi Channel series "Them," about alien sleeper agents on Earth. (Wasn't that her role as a Cylon on BSG?) Anyway, I don't really know what that means for her BSG work, though it's almost unfathomable she'd be leaving BSG. (Quick poll: Favorite blond cybernetically enhanced being - Number Six or Seven of Nine from "Star Trek: Voyager? Discuss).

WEDNESDAY'S BEST BETS: Brennan gets a serious offer from Sully tonight on "Bones" (Fox, 8 p.m.) I'm really liking this trend on TV these days, with romantic triangles in which you aren't rooting against the third wheel. Of course we want Bones and Booth together in the end, but you can't help but like Eddie McClintock's Sully. "The Office" did something similar by introducing Rashida Jones' Karen into the Pam-Jim dynamic. "Ugly Betty" has also done it with Betty's would-be beau Henry and his girlfriend. It makes for a refreshing change to the love triangles where the third wheel is thrown in there just to be an impediment.

The first of the final four all-new episodes of "Friday Night Lights" (NBC, 8 p.m.) airs tonight, and you are commanded to watch as TV's best-acted family may be heading out of Dillon. It's followed by a new "Crossing Jordan."

"Survivor: Fiji" (CBS, 8 p.m.) makes a rare Wednesday appearance, followed by new episodes of "Criminal Minds" and "CSI:NY."

Locke finally comes face-to-face once more with Ben, aka Henry Gale, on "Lost" (ABC, 10 p.m.) as we find out whether or not Jack has changed teams.

2 comments:

Phillip Ramati said...

First of all, Zod, I think we're past a dozen in terms of hits to the site, so please don't shortchange us.

I think that it might be the point that Sully and Booth look alike, yet Brennan only thinks of one guy romantically.

I don't think the lack of self-confidence with Karen and Henry's girlfriends are huge character flaws. The whole point of Karen was that she was a good foil to Jim while they were in Stamford, showing that he had moved on. The whole point of Henry's girlfriend is that Betty wanted to hate her and finds out she's a sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Good post today.

And yes FNL ROCKS...I would say it is one the best shows out there right now.

As for the love triangles, Betty's is a little too predictable. I mean can they make it anymore obvious that Henry's is more into Betty than the other girl. Really it just makes me feel sorry for her. Here she is, moved to NY be with Henry and thought she has a good friend in Betty. I mean, why can't Henry just say "hey babe, I was really never into you, but thought the girl I really liked had a boyfriend, so I had you move here to make her jelous, come to find out she already dumped her man, so I really don't need you anymore"... ok so that maybe harsh, but you get what I mean I hope...